Sarah Carpenter, CPCC
Certified Co-Active Coach
As a coach, and just as a human, I want to tell you all the reasons that the life you don't even dare dream of is possible. I can't promise you three easy steps because that isn't real, but I can promise you that you'll be transformed, you'll find joy in places you never thought to look for it, and confidence you never thought you'd have.
You're here! Come and sit. Let's get to know each other. I'll tell you a bit about me, and then I want to hear all about you--we probably have a lot in common. I am a single mom of 4 kids under 8 (okay, we probably don't have that part in common). Having four kids so close is no joke, but it's also glorious. I adore being a mom, and even though it is tear-my-hair-out hard a good portion of the time, I wouldn't trade it. But I also have to have something outside of #momlife to give me the fuel I need to survive it.
I am lucky enough to have found my purpose, which ironically happens to be helping women like you, find theirs. I know there is something out there you are meant to do.You have unique skills and talents that no one else has because no one else has lived your life. Humanity is meant to work like stone soup. We each bring what we have and throw it in the pot. Each ingredient adds flavor and richness, and then we enjoy the whole thing together. My kids make fun of me all of the time because I tear up anytime I see, hear or read about someone living their purpose. I have some tears saved for you.
For those of you interested in my background, here's a quick glimpse of the path that has led me to where I am today:
- I have a Bachelor's degree in Photography which taught me to witness the world around me.
- I also have a Master's degree in Non-Profit Management which taught me that there are regular people out there changing the world every day and that I could be one of them.
- Becoming the mother of 4 tiny amazing humans taught me, among millions of other things, that joy/fulfillment is a choice, and that love is an action word.
- I became a certified coach through the Coaches Training Institute, where I learned that the greatest gift I can give to anyone is to see, witness, and acknowledged their inherent goodness and wisdom.
The last thing I would like to leave you with are the beliefs I have adopted over the past few years that have literally changed my life.
- Our thoughts govern our feelings and not the other way around.
- We just need to be witnessed not fixed. We aren't broken, just human.
- We have something to give the world (you just might not know what it is yet). That something is profound, and it matters.
- The greatest obstacle to experiencing joy is ourselves.
- The more we know ourselves the more connected we are with God and the Universe.
- We get to choose between failure and learning. We can't win every time.
- The world needs us to own our strengths and share them. The power of women is an underdeveloped resource in the world.
- Authenticity and vulnerability are often tortuously hard but are the keys to living fulfilling lives.
Are you with me on these? This knowledge is the foundation of my joy and true fulfillment. If any of it resonates with you, let's talk more. The link is to my calendar. You can pick a time that works for you and we can talk for a half hour (for free) about whatever you'd like. I'd love to help you get going in the right direction. I want you to experience what it is like to have someone in your corner, seeing your best (even when you can't), and helping you get out of your own way.